Saturday, February 11, 2017

Otro Cafe, Phoenix AZ


Welcome back to Kidz Menu!  We visited this restaurant during a winter trip to Phoenix.  It's a funky modern Mexican restaurant in hipster zone of central Phoenix.

Kids Menu Choices
Guacamole
Salad Pequeno
Taco
Bean Burrito
Quesadilla de Queso Oaxaca
Flapjack

(Carlos note:  To our surprise, the kids menu was free!  Evie was allowed to order 2 items from the above for free.  Not sure if this is always the case, or if it was a special on the day).

Evie's Order
Horchata
Quesadilla
Guacamole



Evie's Review: The quesadilla was good, but it had a little TOO much cheese, from my perspective.  The cheese tasted good, but too much of it, is just not good.  The guacamole didn't have too much onion or spicy stuff, mostly just avocado.  I ate it up.  The chips were greasy and salty and delicious.  The horchata was less sweet than usual, but still good.  The servers were nice to me, and helped us move indoors when it started to rain.

Evie's Rating:  4 stars

Carlos' Order: 
3 Tacos (Al Pastor, Carne Asada, Vegetable)
Beer



Carlos' Review:  I really wanted to be in love with this restaurant, but so far I'm just in like.  The tacos were a mixed bag.  The carne asada was excellent, with nice char and seasoning, but the Al Pastor was mushy and lacked texture or brightness.  I liked the seasonal vegetable taco option in theory, but it didn't really stand out.  The salsas were too mild, and didn't add much. The beer list was excellent, many diverse local options.  I had a black IPA which started things off well.

I would add that I was at this restaurant a few weeks earlier for breakfast, and it was crazy good.  Chorizo y huevos torta, and fresh squeezed orange juice... so I will definitely give it another shot when I'm in PHX.  The servers were great with Evie, and attentive to the adults as well.

Carlos' Rating: 4 stars



Location
6035 N. 7th Street
Phoenix AZ 85014
https://goo.gl/maps/VrjdmKBsoot

http://www.otrocafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment